Supporting users after they install your app
After you carried out analysis, figuring out product market match to your app and your ideally suited customers’ wants. You’ve optimized your app itemizing web page and are regularly testing it to make it higher. You’ve invested in exterior advertising actions and constructed an viewers. And also you’ve transformed a few of that viewers into customers.
Table of Content
However the work isn’t over.
The actual secret of find out how to get extra app downloads is to have an current consumer base that’s glad together with your product. And which means doing what you may to help and assist your customers after they’ve downloaded your app.
1. Supporting customers after they set up your app: Construct an onboarding plan
Though it occurs post-download, enhancing your store App’s onboarding circulation is a key a part of getting extra app downloads—glad and assured customers grow to be advocates to your app, resulting in extra glad and assured customers. Onboarding helps give your customers the instruments they should use your app to its highest potential.
The way you onboard customers to your app will rely upon the kind of app, your bandwidth, and the distinctive necessities of your vertical. Onboarding assets can take the type of movies, guides, and/or graphics that specify find out how to implement and use your app.
Tom Davies, creator of store App Finest Sellers, stresses the significance of conserving onboarding easy.
“Do not forget that retailers are normally all the time busy, so make issues as straightforward as attainable for them,” Tom says. “Be sure that it’s all the time clear what the following steps are to get your app arrange. Spend a variety of effort in your documentation. Good documentation is properly well worth the funding, because it makes your app simpler to make use of and can decrease your total help burden.”
Tom shares his suggestions for creating onboarding expertise to your customers on his weblog.
Along with creating onboarding circulation and glorious documentation, that you must think about the way you get these assets to your shoppers.
In her article on offering nice app customer support, Julia Luce suggests launching an e-mail drip marketing campaign as quickly as a brand new consumer downloads your app.
“Triggering an e-mail sequence on the time of obtain places you on the forefront of the client expertise,” Julia explains. “The e-mail ought to kick off with a ‘thanks for downloading the app’, adopted by subsequent steps and any follow-up questions you’d wish to ask. These could be hyperlinks to self-onboarding, an connected PDF, or perhaps a cellphone quantity to get began.”
Drip campaigns are a fantastic device that may be automated with the e-mail advertising software program of your selection. Primarily, a drip marketing campaign consists of a sequence of emails despatched at predetermined intervals, permitting you to maintain up a relentless stream of helpful, related data to your consumer.
An instance drip marketing campaign from Engagebay.
Following Julia’s suggestion above, a quite simple drip marketing campaign may observe the next sequence:
- Electronic mail 1 (Day 1):Thanks for downloading, with a hyperlink to an onboarding information customers can obtain.
- Electronic mail 2 (Day 3): A check-in with customers, with a hyperlink to the superior options obtainable together with your app.
- Electronic mail 3 (Day 5): Info on the help channels you’ve gotten obtainable, in case customers have run into bother.
- Electronic mail 4 (Day 7): Including customers to your weblog feed, to maintain them linked with your enterprise.
Onboarding is a vital a part of your app advertising: it offers your customers the instruments to be assured together with your app and use it to the perfect of their capacity, and is a wonderful channel so that you can additional interact them.
2. Supporting customers after they set up your app: Have a help plan
Having a powerful customer support technique not solely helps with retention, however may also enhance the critiques you obtain from customers, positively impacting the app retailer search engine and suggestion algorithms. Along with onboarding documentation, ensure you have a sturdy help course of for customers.
Since providing good app help is crucial, studying extra about find out how to construct an efficient app help course of is one thing to contemplate as your app grows. At a excessive stage, some basic recommendation contains:
- Have a single level of contact. This is usually a single cellphone quantity, or an e-mail such firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps you retain your help requests collectively and arranged, and makes it simpler to share with customers the place they will go for assist.
- Create self-help documentation. Not solely does this cut back the help requests you’ll get, it additionally offers customers the instruments to resolve issues on their very own.Zapier has a superb information on creating documentation that may assist information you on this.
- Use easy language. Do not forget that your customers are fairly often not technical. Don’t make assumptions that they perceive any type of technical language. Begin easy, andcut out jargon. “The primary downside that we confronted with help was making presumptions that every thing we stated could possibly be understood by the service provider,” Warner from Hextom says. “Now we preserve reminding ourselves to by no means use technical phrases, and to try to use plain, on a regular basis language to verify the service provider understands.”
- Be good. If you can also make a help request a optimistic expertise as an alternative of a irritating one, your customers will suppose extremely of your product and also you. In his article onbuilding an app help course of, Kiran Value, Chief Expertise Officer at shopPartner company Eastside Co., explains. “store is a fairly pleasant platform, and we actually like how approachable and readable their docs and help are. We’ve had the perfect responses once we attempt to emulate this as a lot as attainable—by specializing in being approachable and pragmatic, and avoiding sounding too company or technical.”
Your customer support technique will aid you construct a optimistic repute to your app and model, and serve to additional bolster the belief that customers have in you—serving to retention and, finally, your success within the app retailer.
3. Supporting customers after they set up your app: Extra assets
- 4 Methods to Present Nice Buyer Service Instantly After Your App is Downloaded
- Easy methods to Construct an Efficient and Pleasant App Help Course of
- Easy methods to Enhance Your shopApp’s Onboarding Stream
- How Slicing out Jargon can Allow you to Obtain Clear Communication
- Buyer Service Technique: Easy methods to Construct, Increase, and Scale Your Help Providing
- Professional Recommendation on Easy methods to 10x App Help
Do the work now
There are greater than 3,000 apps within the store App Retailer, and greater than a million retailers utilizing store to energy their companies. The chance to develop your app growth enterprise has by no means been higher, however making an actual affect means placing within the work now.
By taking the time to do your analysis, construct a incredible app itemizing web page, develop your exterior viewers, and provide nice help, you’ll not solely know find out how to get extra app downloads, however your app can be part of the ranks of these utilized by 1000’s of store retailers day-after-day.