Mold meets working conditions
1. Wear resistanceWhen the blank is plastically deformed in the mold cavity, it flows and slides along the surface of the cavity, causing severe friction between the surface of the cavity and the blank, which causes the machining uhmw mold to fail due to wear. Therefore, the wear resistance of the material is one of the most basic and important properties of the mold.
Hardness is the main factor affecting wear resistance. In general, the higher the hardness of the mold parts, the smaller the amount of wear and the better the wear resistance. In addition, wear resistance is also related to the type, quantity, shape, size and distribution of carbides in the material.
2. StrengthThe working conditions of the molds are mostly very bad, and some of them are often subjected to large impact loads, which leads to brittle fracture. In order to prevent the sudden brittle fracture of precision machining china parts during work, the mold must have high strength and toughness. The toughness of the mold mainly depends on the carbon content, grain size and organization state of the material.3. Fatigue fracture performanceIn the working process of uhmw machining mold, under the long-term action of cyclic stress, it often leads to fatigue fracture. Its forms include low-energy multiple impact fatigue fracture, tensile fatigue fracture, contact fatigue fracture, and bending fatigue fracture. The fracture performance of the mold mainly depends on its strength, toughness, hardness, and the content of inclusions in the material.
4. High temperature performanceWhen the working temperature of the mold is higher, the hardness and strength will decrease, leading to early wear of the mold or deformation and failure of the machining uhmw plastic. Because the mold material should have high anti-tempering stability, to ensure that the mold has a high hardness and strength at the working temperature.
5. Resistance to cold and heat fatigueSome molds are in a state of repeated heating and cooling during the working process, which causes the surface of the cavity to be pulled and pressure to change the stress, causing surface cracks and peeling, increasing friction, hindering plastic deformation, and reducing dimensional accuracy. Mold failure. Heat and cold fatigue is one of the main forms of failure of hot work molds, and this type of mold should have high resistance to cold and heat fatigue.
6. Corrosion resistanceWhen some molds such as plastic molds are in operation, due to the presence of chlorine and fluorine in the plastic, strong corrosive gases such as hci and hf will be resolved after heating, which will erode the surface of the mold cavity, increase its surface roughness, and aggravate wear failure.
Mold meets process performance requirements
The manufacturing of molds generally involves several processes such as forging, cutting, and heat treatment. In order to ensure the quality of mold manufacturing and reduce production costs, the material should have good forgeability, machinability, hardenability, hardenability and grindability; it should also have small oxidation, decarburization sensitivity and quenching Deformation and cracking tendency.
1. ForgeabilityIt has low hot forging deformation resistance, good plasticity, wide forging temperature range, low tendency of forging cracking and cold cracking and precipitation of networked carbides.
2. Annealing processabilityThe spheroidizing annealing temperature range is wide, the annealing hardness is low, the fluctuation range is small, and the spheroidizing rate is high.
3. MachinabilityThe cutting amount is large, the tool loss is low, and the machined surface roughness is low.
4. Sensitivity to oxidation and decarburizationWhen heated at high temperature, the oxidation resistance is good, the decarburization speed is slow, the heating medium is not sensitive, and the tendency of pitting is small.
5. HardenabilityAfter quenching, it has uniform and high surface hardness.
6. HardenabilityAfter quenching, a deeper hardened layer can be obtained, and it can be hardened by using a mild quenching medium.
7. Tendency of quenching deformation and crackingConventional quenching has small volume change, shape warping, slight distortion, and low tendency of abnormal deformation. Conventional quenching has low sensitivity to cracking, and is insensitive to quenching temperature and workpiece shape.
8. GrindabilityThe relative wear of the grinding wheel is small, and the limit of grinding without burn is large. It is not sensitive to the quality of the grinding wheel and cooling conditions, and it is not easy to cause abrasion and grinding cracks.
Third, the mold meets the economic requirementsWhen selecting materials for the mold, the principle of economy must be considered to reduce the manufacturing cost as much as possible. Therefore, under the premise of satisfying the performance, the first choice is the lower price, carbon steel can be used without alloy steel, and domestic materials can be used without imported materials. In addition, the production and supply of the market should also be considered when selecting materials, and the selected steel grades should be as few and concentrated as possible, and easy to buy.