How to launch a paid webinar
Providing free webinars to generate leads is nice, however elevate your hand in the event you would reasonably add some direct income to the combination too. At MailerLite, we have labored with numerous clients who needed simply that, and we have helped them determine how you can monetize their webinars.
- Table of Contents
How you can transition from free to paid webinars
Transitioning from free to paid webinars generally is a prolonged and dangerous course of—however it could additionally pay dividends. In case you’re nonetheless a bit of hesitant, listed here are just a few paths to think about.
- Launch a brand new, paid webinar whereas persevering with your free webinar. That is much less dangerous, as you will not lose your free viewers. It does require extra work to take care of each, in fact, so that you would possibly reduce down the frequency of the free webinar to make room for the paid one.
- Begin charging folks in your presently free webinar. You danger dropping just a few listeners alongside the way in which, however you may ensure your leads are extremely certified. In case you go this route, ensure that to obviously talk the added worth (there must be one thing further!) and why your webinar is now paid.
- Provide free reside webinars—after which promote the recordings. This may be engaging for many who need lifetime entry to the webinar or individuals who missed out on the reside occasion date. It is form of like paying for a fast session.
- Promote your outdated webinars as a bundle. As you transition from free to paid, hold your new webinars free, however promote bundles of beforehand hosted webinars.
What makes folks pay for webinars
With free webinars, attendees usually do not count on to study all of the tips of the commerce. The content material is extra like a teaser or transient overview. And it is sensible: your purpose is to get folks to enroll in extra (and the viewers is aware of that).
Paid webinars are completely different. Individuals count on to study one thing critically beneficial and stroll away with all their questions answered. As a result of there is a price ticket, attendees are extra engaged and extra incentivized to remain till the top.
Listed below are the explanations we have discovered that persons are prepared to pay for webinars. Preserve these in thoughts as you develop your paid webinar, so that you could be certain you are checking the bins.
Unique content material
In paid webinars, the content material must be unique: folks should not be capable of discover the identical ways or information without spending a dime elsewhere. There are many methods to do that, different than simply not publishing the content material anyplace else. You would possibly make it a one-time-only occasion, or you possibly can restrict the variety of attendees, which makes it really feel extra unique and fascinating.
Superior, hands-on info
Paid webinars transcend the fundamentals. As a substitute of educating folks the “5 steps to handle an e mail record” (one thing you could find solutions to without spending a dime on dozens of weblog posts), give the viewers tried-and-tested methods out of your expertise.
Be sure to go away folks with a tactic or piece of recommendation that may be applied instantly. After they go away the webinar, they should not simply know how you can do one thing in concept—they need to know how you can do it in follow.
As a substitute of 1 webinar, create a collection. This manner, it turns into extra of a course, one thing that people are used to paying for. Plus, persons are extra prone to pay for one thing that offers them extra content material.
1:1 assist and suggestions
Private recommendation generally is a good promoting level in your paid webinar, particularly for consultants or small companies with restricted assist. Host a assist hour or give direct suggestions on folks’s initiatives or concepts. An prolonged “ask me something” query spherical also can improve worth. After the webinar, breakout rooms can be utilized to reply questions for VIP clients.
Authoritative audio system
It is likely to be a celeb, an influencer, or an skilled within the discipline: persons are prone to pay for a webinar that options somebody with authority. This is likely to be you! But it surely may also be a visitor speaker or a panel that provides a brand new perspective.
Individuals love certificates as a result of they add worth to their resume, so providing a certificates of completion for a webinar collection generally is a good draw. You may see this mannequin in lots of on-line programs, the place the course is free to enroll, however you must pay to acquire the certificates.
6 issues to do when launching a paid webinar
Now I will take my very own recommendation: as a substitute of a high-level overview, I am going to give you some hands-on ways, supported by anecdotal experiences from one among our clients, the Faculty of Naturopathic Medication (CNM).
CNM is the UK and Eire’s largest coaching supplier in pure therapies, and earlier than the pandemic, their paid occasions have been solely in individual. Now, they’re internet hosting paid on-line occasions and seminars, together with free open evenings that function an introduction to CNM and a reside alternative for folks to ask questions.
1. Rigorously choose your webinar software program
When choosing a webinar software program instrument, your primary precedence is reliability. You may additionally should be certain there is a recording characteristic, since webinar recordings could be monetized afterward. The remainder of the options will rely in your wants: something from pricing to viewers dimension assist to accessibility (e.g., call-in options, closed captioning).
Zapier’s completed the majority of the analysis for you, so check out their picks for the greatest webinar software program for entrepreneurs.
CNM tried just a few completely different choices, together with Demio, BigMarker, and Livestorm (which permits for reside and on-demand webinars). In the long run, they settled on BigMarker—it was feature-rich and supplied the choice for personal Q&A classes, which is nice when speaking about confidential or delicate subjects.
2. Resolve on the precise value
Maintain the groans, please, however the “proper value” actually relies on your webinar and viewers. (Sorry.) Is it a one-time occasion or a collection? What worth do you carry to the desk? Is your speaker a high-profile business chief or a celeb?
Whereas I am unable to let you know how a lot to cost with out understanding the main points of your webinar, there are just a few methods to land on a value.
- Examine the competitors. You are not the one firm providing paid webinars, so head over to your competitors and see what they’re charging.
- Ask your loyal clients. When you’ve got a set of shoppers who attend your free webinars, straight up ask them how a lot they’d be prepared to pay in the event you added no matter worth you intend so as to add.
- Begin with a pay-what-you-want system. This would possibly result in most folk attending without spending a dime, however it’ll assist provide you with an concept of what individuals who do pay are prepared to pay for this sort of content material. Let folks know you are simply beginning out—you assume this content material is efficacious sufficient to cost for, however you are letting them make that decision.
- Trial and error. It isn’t preferrred, however you may at all times simply make an informed guess after which tweak it every time you host a webinar, primarily based on registration numbers and suggestions.
CNM’s value mannequin is fairly easy. Every webinar prices someplace between 5 and 10 British kilos to attend—a price ticket low sufficient that it would not restrict folks on tight budgets. In addition they promote early-bird discounted tickets, however many signups proceed to roll in shortly earlier than the webinar (with some even becoming a member of throughout the occasion).
3. Optimize your webinar registration web page
There are just a few methods to go about constructing your webinar registration web page.
- Use a standalone touchdown web page builder.
- Create a web page on an occasions platform, like Eventbrite.
- Use the touchdown web page characteristic in your e mail advertising or webinar software program.
- In case you go together with choices 1 or 2, just remember to can simply combine your e mail or webinar platform. That manner, reminder and affirmation emails could be despatched after somebody completes your registration type, and they are often robotically added as registrants. You’ll be able to automate this course of with Zapier, doing issues like robotically including Eventbrite attendees as Zoom webinar registrants or MailerLite contacts.
CNM makes use of Eventbrite as their fundamental platform to deal with registrations, bookings, and funds. In addition they make the webinars obtainable as a Fb occasion, however the RSVP nonetheless must be accomplished on Eventbrite.
4. Promote your webinar on-line and offline
You recognize you must promote your webinar, however…the place do you do it? Mainly, any channel your organization is on, you must promote your webinar there. However for paid webinars, e mail might be your greatest guess.
Anybody who’s in your e mail record is there by selection, which implies they are a extra engaged viewers and could be extra primed to enroll in the webinar. You have additionally already demonstrated the worth you provide by way of the opposite emails you have despatched prior to now.
CNM sends out an e mail collection: the primary e mail publicizes the webinar, then just a few reminder emails are despatched till at some point earlier than the webinar. They use the auto-resend characteristic in MailerLite to robotically resend emails to subscribers who did not open it the primary time round.
CNM additionally promotes on social, by way of web site pop-up types, and even offline, by partnering with instructional establishments to get publications or journal options. (They suggest together with a QR code in any offline occasion promotion—persons are used to it now.)
5. Comply with-up
To nurture the connection you have constructed in the course of the webinar, it is good follow to ship a follow-up e mail to all signups (even no-shows)—both instantly, just a few hours later, or at most a day after.
CNM makes use of their follow-up emails to get suggestions, to allow them to ensure that their paid webinars are offering the worth folks count on. You may additionally embrace a hyperlink to a recording of the webinar or some further unique content material to actually improve the worth of the occasion.
Including paid webinars as a advertising tactic could be time-intensive, so you are going to need to automate something you presumably can. That manner, you may focus your vitality on the content material you are delivering to your viewers. I discussed just a few choices above, however listed here are just a few different methods to automate your webinar workflows.